Bed bugs are known to feed on human blood. They also make outstanding wanderers by travelling your home through climbing bags and in clothing that you bring in. Many homeowners don’t know that they bring these bugs along with them from outside. Besides, their bite can cause redness and skin irritation. Also, it leads to skin allergy. Bed bugs are tiny in size so it becomes difficult to use physical methods to remove them. Mostly, bugs reside on corners of furniture or crawl on your mattress. It becomes essential to get rid of creepy blood-sucking bed bugs for your peace of mind and healthy sleep.
So if you are also irritated with bed bugs then do not worry. Here are a few prevention tips against bed bugs in your home which you can follow for the best results.
Best Ways To Prevent Bed Bug Infestation In Your Home
- Regular Vacuuming: One of the common and most important tips which you can follow against bed bug infestation is regular vacuuming. Make sure you are vacuuming all the places where you kept your travel clothes and other belongings carried. In the end, thoroughly dispose of the vacuum bag in a trash can.
- Keep The Items Away From Your Bed: Also, do not place or store items near or under your bed. This will not give the bed bugs a chance to enter your bed frame and on your mattress.
- Take Off The Clutter From Floor: One of the most effective prevention tips against bed bugs in your home is removing the clothes on the floor. If any bed bug is moving around your sweater or coat, it might get into your closet later.
- Place Your Items In A Plastic Container: Prevent the spread of bed bugs by storing items in a proper plastic bag or container. You might not know but bed bugs cannot easily crawl on glass or plastic as they are soft surfaces.
- Do Not Keep The Other’s Clothes On Your Bed: Make sure you are keeping the clothes of your guest off the bed. As you never know who brings bed bugs into your home. Moreover, the bed bugs might get transported to your place by hiding in their clothes. So keep the clothes and coats of your guests and other people away from your bed.
- After Travelling Wash Your Luggage And Clothes: This is also one of the best prevention tips against the bed bugs in your home. If you do not want your travel to bring these nasty bugs into your home, then you need to wash off all your clothes. Also, wash the things in your luggage immediately after you are back from travelling.
- Check your Lodging Area: Before finalizing to live in any hotel room, ensure that there is no sign of bed bugs. You can thoroughly inspect the curtains, mattress, upholstery, and other places in the hotel room. If you are noticing any signs of bed bugs then ask the hotel for another room. This might be a tough task but you can give it a try to not get the bed bugs in your home after your travel.
- Use Dust Mite Proof Encasements: To keep the bed bugs away from your mattress, you can also apply the dust mite-proof encasements. This helps in covering the mattress and also creates a barrier.
- Wash off your bed sheets at the highest temperature: It is recommended to wash your bed linens once a week on the highest settings. The heat will not only kill the bed bugs but also the eggs on sheets.
You can practice the above-given prevention tips against bed bugs in your home. However, if the infestation is large enough, then get in touch with an expert pest exterminator to get rid of them. The professional uses the latest techniques and highly effective insecticides to remove the bed bug from your home. Besides, the professional pest control company thoroughly inspects your place and carries the most appropriate bed bug treatment. So do not let the bed bugs disturb your sleep anymore. Hire an experienced and licensed bed bug controllers team near you today.